Living in Denial A personal blog of a girl named Survon.


Monday, June 12, 2006

Agong's Belated Birthday

- Have you ever thought of the real meaning behind Agong's (aka The King) Birthday?
- No?
- It means it's a public holiday (only applied in Malaysia, though).

After some time not reading the news of Malaysia, I can't even spell out the Agong's name correctly...But luckily, I have internet. He is DYMM Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Ibni Al-Marhum Tuanku Syed Putra Jamalullail. I wonder if my brain is not functioning well, or the name is just too long. By the time I finish reading the whole name, I couldn't recall the first name he has.

Since it was His Highness birthday, we, Malaysian out of Malaysia, of course, should do something to show our loyalty too. Though it was one week late, but it doesn't make any different (I think).

At this precise moment, the Malaysian Embassy in Hungary is running without an ambassador as the previous ambassador 'dah balik' (gone home) and the new ambassador has yet to arrive (rumours say it'll be a 'she'). The diplomats decided, in conjunction with the Agong's birthday and the absent of the ambassador...."Let's get party and turn the embassy upside down", they said.

Nothing much you can expect from such occasion, meeting non-white people, speaking in half rotten rojak Manglish, curry puff, mee goreng and nasi lemak.

As Hungary is still a very alien country to Malaysian, there were just a few new people I met since the last ocassion. As everyone attending is either Malaysians or their foreigner spouse, you could easily recognize one another from the face. The Malaysian face.

On the street, Chinese thought that I'm Vietnamese and Vietnamese will say I'm a China Chinese. That's acceptable. But, in this occasion, some Malaysians thought that I'm Malay. hmm...Do I look so NOT Chinese Malaysian? What worse, another Malaysian guy said he would think I'm Vietnamese if we meet on the street. *merde*!

What happen to the world nowadays??!!! Your eyes are put in front to help you see properly! Use them and LOOK.INTO.MY.FACE !!

My double lid eyes tell you I ain't typical Chinese. My fair skin tell you I ain't typical Malay.

See, I'm obviously an African.

posted by Survon @ 9:36 PM,