Living in Denial A personal blog of a girl named Survon.


Friday, November 25, 2011

To unsubscribe my subscriptions

I'm not sure how many of you have the same experience as me.

Occasionally, you might be interested in some companies' newsletter and you decided to subscribe to them through their website.

Things were fine at first, getting the latest updates every now and then. Until..

  1. They are sending the newsletter so frequent, they look more like spam when you hear from them every single day.
  2. You have simply lost your interest and you do not want to know anything regarding or related to them.

When you decided to stop all these spams, here comes the toughest part. How do you unsubscribe?

Usually, there are 2 ways:

  1. If you are lucky, they will provide you with a link at the bottom of the newsletter to allow you to unsubscribe.

    After you've clicked on the unsubscribe link, this is usually what happened...

    Over the next few months, I tried the same every time I receive the newsletter and as expected, the page is showing the 'Unexpected error occurred'.

  2. Another way to unsubscribe, is to do it the same way as you subscribe, by visiting the website again and find the correct link. This is what happened in WizzAir website (I was interested in them cause I was staying in Hungary 5 years ago, and I still can't stop this newsletter till now).

    On their landing page, you'll be very happy to see this little box showing how easy it is to unsubscribe...

    and so I tried. I entered my email address, select unsubscribe and hit the Save button...

    Hmm....ok..doesnt look as easy as I thought.

    Anyway, I followed as instructed and tried to login to unsubscribe. My problem is, I don't remember my password. So I clicked on the 'hint' below the login trying to retrieve my password.

    What do I get? Nah....

Ok...give up...

posted by Survon @ 7:09 PM,