Living in Denial A personal blog of a girl named Survon.


Monday, February 13, 2006

Chap Goh Meh in Gödöllő

It seems that my productivity here have slightly declined nowadays. Probably I'm just too lazy to express myself here anymore. Probably I have too many other more 'serious' things to do, rather than sitting in front of my computer writing this thing. Probably I actually have too many things to write that I don't know where to start.

I wanted to blog about my trip to Italy and Germany, but there are too many things I want to tell and I'm just too lazy to write a long post about that 7 days trip. Maybe I should start writing piece by piece each day. Maybe I should start tomorrow, or the day after, or maybe next week..oh gosh....

I'm back here for 5 days now, and yesterday was the last day of Chinese New Year (aka Chap Goh Meh) which was also the Chinese Valentine's Day. Officially, today will be the day to count the total effort I've done during the whole angpow-giving-season. Obviously I did nothing for this year's CNY. My total earning = RM0.00. Anyone want to donate/share some after-CNY money to me? Those extra $$$$$ you've earned from the gambling table? Those money that you have stolen from your small little cousin who have just started learning the basic of playing mahjong?

I bet you did a lot of sins during the investment and now you feel sorry about it. You are lucky, I know there's a way to wash away all your sins. By donating part of your profit you have gained to the charity account, all your sins will be forgiven. Please do write to me to get my personal account number to clean your sins. 60% of the remuneration will be good enough.

Though I am not those extreme religious people, I went to this place during the last day of CNY.

Coffins...

more coffins...

and one big giant coffin for TWO...

It's actually a church in a town outside of Budapest, called Gödöllő. And those coffins belong to the then Count and his family members (if I'm not mistaken).

Then I visited the castle in town too. Nothing special about it, quite commercialized and they actually renovated the whole castle till I don't really feel it's fascinating. Building a small little snowman was more amusing.

I know, it's ugly. Please do NOT mention it anymore

The main purpose of me visiting Gödöllő was because there was one Chinese Malaysian guy living there who has married a Hungarian lady. I met him once during the Merdeka function here and then we never met but we chat in MSN a lot.

So, I grabbed the chance to visit him as part of this CNY spirit - visits everyone and get more angpows! Alas, his mother has just past away few months ago, he was not qualified to give away angpow. But visiting and chatting with him was already quite entertaining. Sharing our Malaysian attitudes and thinking with both our partners so that they could understand us better. Talking about teh-O-ais and roti canai.Hehe....not bad...

I was so busy with the Gödöllő stuff, I forgot to throw a mandarin orange to the river. People say, girl who has thrown a mandarin into the sea or river at such auspicious day will be able to find a good husband who is the one picking up the mandarin. I have actually thought of throwing it to the Danube river, but who will jump down to that big river to grab my mandarin and marry me? The mandarin might flow to the Black Sea and got eaten by the shark (if there's any), then I'll have to marry the shark??? hmm...luckily I didn't throw the mandarin...

Tomorrow is the Valentine's Day. Survon wishing every couple out there...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

posted by Survon @ 4:18 PM,