Living in Denial A personal blog of a girl named Survon.


Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sto Lat ! Sto Lat !

Happy Birthday to ME,
Happy Birthday to ME,
Happy Birthday to SURVON!
Happy Birthday to ME !!!!

Another year older I am. But my heard ain't growing old, though. Just the mind is getting more matured, I hope.

Celebrating birthday in Malaysia, is a way to show off the unique multi-lingual skill we learnt from small. If you grew up in the normal Malaysian Chinese society, I bet you should know at least 4 languages of Birthday song, ie. English, Malay, Cantonese, Mandarin. Apart for Cantonese, most Birthday songs in different languages share the same boring tune.

When I was in Hungary celebrating my birthday or celebrating the birthdays of my other foreigner friends, I get to learn even more different languages of Birthday songs, BUT still, the same tune.

Only ONE. Polish has their own kind of Birthday song, and I can't help but to admit, I do like their tune very much. My former Polish roommate even wrote me the lyrics on a piece of paper and taught me how to sing it.

So, now, in conjunction with my BIG DAY, I'm gonna teach everyone else to sing Polish birthday song, Sto Lat...

Sto lat, sto lat,
Niech żyje, żyje nam.
Sto lat, sto lat,
Niech żyje, żyje nam,
Jeszcze raz,
jeszcze raz,
niech żyje,
żyje nam,
Niech żyje nam!

Watch the video below to learn it (just the 1st paragraph is enough)...

Isn't it nice??

HAPPY BIRHTDAY !!

posted by Survon @ 3:10 PM,